Thursday, May 17, 2012
Spirit of the Marathon.
This week we've been watching a movie about running but, I haven't been here so I only saw the end. Well it basically talked about 6 different people who were going to run in the Chicago marathon on 2005. So, if you didn't know a marathon is a long distance running event of 26 miles 385 yards that is usually ran as a road race. Most people run them because once their finished they all have a sense of accomplishment and they feel they can do more because they completed it. I didn't know much about the movie but, out of all the stories i thought the elderly man was the most interesting. I think so because he's 70 years old and i'm 13 and probably can't finish 26 miles & 385 yards! I also thought it was sweet because he ran with his daughter. I think it's cool because the people found inspiration within themselves to finish this long distance. I didn't see much of the movie but the last part was inspiring because all these different people ran a marathon and a lot of them were tired which is perfectly understandable but, still its amazing how people ran 26 miles and 385 yards. I also thought it was kind of exaggerated how they were crying at first but, then I found out how long a marathon was! Well some goals i'd like to accomplish for myself is graduating college but before that getting into LASA high school. To accomplish that goal I know I'll have to get good grades and be a more talkative, social able person. I'd also like to get straight A's which i'm pretty sure will be easy but, I have to try. "It's a marathon, not a sprint?" is a quote that I have to write about so I think it means that well i'm not sure but I wrote a lot of a move I saw about 15 minutes of so, BYE :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment