Thursday, October 6, 2011

Playingg To Learn ( Genres ) . . .

This week in globaloria we did playing to learn . After we played the games we had to write two reviews on them & talk about what we thought of the genres . My favorite game on there was Tempest In Crescent City . It kind of taught me a lot but , Paleo Quest taught me more .  Tempest in Crescent City was an action game & Paleo Quest was a strategy game . I don't think an action game is a good genre for a learning game but , it is fun to play . Strategy is a good learning game I think because you have to think in order to win . In the future I would want my game to be a strategy game probably because it's an effective learning game & can be fun based on what you do . It also could be boring because you have to be super smart to win but , if I make a strategy game then , I wouldn't want to make it too hard but , not to easy either . Some features that stood out to me is in Paleo Quest they made the characters make real with a lot of detail . Another thing that stood out to me in Tempest In Crescent city was how the space bar could talk to people & help people out , So one function did two things .
Here's A Link To Play Tempest In Crescent City & Paleo Quest & other somewhat fun games . CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment